We’ve had a busy school holidays and have spent a lot of energy on the house. We’ve plastered the walls and ceiling where the old wall used to be. I would say we are halfway through this project but we’ve put all the tools away for now as we’re both back at work tomorrow. There is no way I want to look at those tools in the dining room for one more day! The rooms look more finished since the last update.
Gee, the photos make the rooms look soooo small. Anywhooo… did you notice the pretty blue curtains in the living room? I sewed them! I’ve made curtains in the past when I was still living at my mum’s. They always ended up puckered and either too short or too long or both at the same time! My mum would have to unpick the bottom hem and re-handsew it AFTER the curtains were hung!
So when I bought the sewing machine last year, I also bought a curtain sewing book. The instructions are crystal clear and I’ve learnt so much! I guess you can’t just wing it when sewing curtains. Hehe.
The curtains were designed (by the author) with pleats that are only at the top part of the curtains. It was a bit more effort but it was well worth it. The result is a more elegant and structured look. Richard reckons they look like a waterfall. By the way, the curtains cost us only $30 in material!
Last but not least, the 80 litre hot water system that came with the house started leaking very badly and it had to go. Richard’s dad got us a “new”, dirt cheap ($200!), MUCH bigger 315 litre one which they installed UNDER the house! It was very impressive (and comical) how they fit the massive tank through a small 60cm door. The two men were really in the zone when they were installing it yesterday. The worked non-stop for at least 5 hours! Kudos to you both!